For compressed air applications requiring oil-free air, Ingersoll-Rand can offer its rotary screw compressors. These machines are most suitable for pneumatic conveying systems because the risk of product contamination can be very costly.
Single-stage screw compressors are supplied as standardized units that can be tailored to the specific needs of the user through a wide range of configurations and accessories. For most applications, pressures up to 4.6 bar abs are sufficient. (52.7 psi rel.) And vacuum up to 190 mbar (5.6 inHg abs.).
Screw compressors are ideal for applications where oil-free gases are required:
Pneumatic transportation of bulk materials in the petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, food industries, as well as in cement plants.
- Wastewater treatment (aeration) and drinking water treatment (ozonation).
- Vacuum equipment in the paper industry, printing houses, glass production.
- Cleaning of filters in mining, iron and steel works.
- Homogenization, liquefaction, desulfurization of combustible gases.
- Vacuum equipment.
- Gas injection into fluorescent lamp starters.
- Aviation industry (jet starters).
HCS series dry-running screw compressor
Max. flow m3 / h / ft3 / min
Max. rel. pressure bar / psi
CD 9 S
CD 14 S
CD 26 S
CD 42 S
CD 72 S